PLEASE NOTE: We process the pickup requests on Fridays for the NEXT week, so your pickup will be AT LEAST 1 week from your request!
We can only pick up jars within our current Delivery Zones in the Wellington Region.
We have to prioritize the deliveries of our meal box orders, so we can only do a limited amount of free pickups on Thursdays and Fridays between 10am-4pm. We have to plan our delivery/pickup routes in advance, so can only take so many requests each week!
If you want to make an urgent request (i.e. you're moving house or leaving Wellington) or the requests are "Sold Out" please email us with your address and inquiry. Alternatively you can inquire about dropping them off to our kitchen!
Have a collection of jars or icepacks to donate? We can come pick them up, whether you have 10 or 100, and introduce them into our circular economy for our meal box delivery service!
We have diverted and continue to divert thousands of jars from the energy intensive recycling process, and nearly as many ice packs from landfill, by giving them a second life in our reuse business model. Read more about this here!
WHAT WE CAN COLLECT:
- undamaged and CLEAN, clear glass jars between 50ml-1 Litre, preferably with metal lids that close tightly. Labels on jars are fine, they don't need removing for our service.
- Icepacks that are clean and undamaged, preferably the plain water ones, not gel ones. Please DEFROST them before donating as we can freeze them ourselves in our huge freezer!
- MINIMUM of 10 jars per Pickup Request! Please save them until you have enough to make a request.
WE DON'T WANT/CAN'T USE:
- glass bottles - we already have so many and don't use them very often
- plastic containers
- jars or lids with rust on them
- cans or any metal containers
- jars that aren't clear glass (i.e. frosty, green or brown)
- jars larger than 1 Litre
- bottles with unremovable plastic lids (ie. soy sauce bottles),
- jars that don't close (i.e. baby food jars).
- wine/beer/spirit bottles
- cardboard boxes
- basically anything that isn't a good old plain jar!
Please keep these items and/or recycle them yourself with your local council. We are not a recycling service, so we can only take things we can re-use for our service! Thanks for understanding!
Unsure? Send us a photo of your collection and we will let you know what we can use!
How it works:
- Select the pickup day that suits you/your address from the drop down menu, and click add to cart. If you cannot leave your jar/s out for collection on your doorstep please include a note with instructions i.e. "box on back porch" or "please call on arrival" or "foyer door code xxxx, box under mailboxes".
- Provide an accurate address within our Delivery Zones, your email, and a cellphone number.
- Complete your order via the checkout. You do not need to purchase anything else to do this and your account will not be charged, we are offering this free service to divert useable jars from recycling!
- You will then be added to our delivery/pickup schedule. Please make sure you have read the note at the top of the product listing explaining our order processing schedule; this will indicate which week your pickup order will be processed and collected.
Thanks for helping us with our Zero Waste Cycle! Any questions please don't hesitate to contact us!