How To Order
How To Order from Yum Jar
- Each week a new menu goes up on Friday by 5pm and the weekly newsletter is also sent out to our email subscribers.
- You can order a subscription to start the following week at any time. (see more info on subscriptions below)
For one-off ordering:
- If you haven't already, sign up to create an account with your name, email and a password.
- Add your preferred Yum Jar/s from the daily menu to your cart by clicking on them and adding them to your order, and head to the checkout via Your Cart in the top right.
- Add your precise delivery location (street, street #, building, workplace name, floor level, room #, etc.), your personal email (work emails often bounce our schedules and notifications), name and contact phone number (cellphone numbers only please) and pay through Shopify's secure processing.
- All our meals are 100% Gluten Free and Plant Based. All ingredients and a dietary guide are listed on each Yum Jar's page, so please read these before making your order. Please email us for other dietary requests before ordering as not all modifications are possible.
- The same-day delivery order cut-off time is now 8:30am.
- Our subscriptions work a little differently than other ready-meal companies, as we make and deliver one kind of meal per day, and these are pre-set on the Friday before the week starts. So you choose your meals by choosing what days you want to receive Yum Jars on (i.e. we can't deliver Thursday's meal on Monday!)
- For 3-4 day subscriptions you can select from the drop down menu what days you would like to receive Yum Jars. If you have ordered a multi-week subscription you are welcome to change your day preferences for the following weeks as they come, just email us when you have decided by the Sunday before the week begins.
- Subscription order cut-off time is 8:30am Monday morning. Any subscriptions ordered after this time or during the week will begin the following week.
- If you wish to cancel, swap, or you want to change your subscription preferences, please notify us by 8:30am on the day via email or text message. We are happy to move days around or exchange store credit for changes until 10am on the day at the very latest.
- Why subscriptions? They are cheaper per meal, and the longer your subscription, the better the deal! So they're really great value as well as convenient for those of you who just want lunch to always show up!
- We recommend setting up a reminder on your calendar/phone to purchase a subscription when it finishes as they are not automatically ongoing.
- If you have any allergies/aversions please get in touch before ordering a subscription to check if we can accommodate this.
- By 9am we will send an email to everyone who has already ordered with the day's estimated delivery times for each location.
- If you don't hear from us in the morning but are expecting an order, please get in touch ASAP so we can still make your order or confirm you are on the delivery list.
- If you do hear from us but were not expecting a Yum Jar that day, please let us know ASAP as we may have made a mistake and should have messaged someone else!
Update Friday 15th May: Delivery zones have changed for alert level 2. See our updated delivery zones for the COVID-19 alert level 2 here.
Delivery times vary daily but are always between 11am-1:30pm. See the delivery route, time estimates and delivery zone maps here.
Receiving Yum Jar Deliveries
For non-CBD deliveries: We will deliver contactless to your front door. Please wash and leave any empty Yum Jars outside your front door for collection. We will leave your fresh Yum Jar on your doorstep, knock on your door to alert you of it's arrival, and take away the old one as we leave.
If you live in an apartment building and need to come out to collect, please do not leave your Yum Jar outside the building, but wait for us to text you, and we will swap your jar on arrival.
If you are not going to be home before 2pm please leave a cold chilly bin in the shade for us to put your Yum Jar in, to prevent spoilage. (Food should not be left at unsafe temperature for over 3 hours. We finish preparation of the Yum Jars at roughly 11am, so by 2pm the contents ought to be at refrigerator temperature).
Your Yum Jar will be delivered straight into your office/reception, so there will not be a message alerting you of it's arrival unless: you request this, your office/location is inaccessible, or we can't find your location.
Please remember to leave your previous jar at reception/drop off location for the cyclist or delivery driver to retrieve! If you can't do this, please let us know so we can message you in advance to meet and collect it on delivery.
COVID-19 note re: Contact-tracing: If your workplace requires a sign-in for contact tracing purposes, please let us know so we can text you in advance and meet you outside. (If we had to sign in at every business we'd never get all the deliveries done in time!)
If you forget to return your Yum Jar once or twice, that's fine! We understand, life is chaotic! You can just return both jars next time. Please don't leave unwashed jars for more than a day - we recommend rinsing with a little bit of warm water immediately after you eat it for prevention of mould and ease of cleaning. Please see our FAQs page for for what to do if you lose or break your jar, or if you no longer wish to order from us.
For all other info, and before ordering, please read our FAQs, Delivery Zones, Catering, and About Us pages.
Ottilie & the Yum Jar Team