How It Works
How To Order
- Each week a new menu goes up on Friday evening by 5pm and the weekly newsletter is also sent out to our email subscribers about this time.
For one-off ordering:
- Head to our homepage, add your favourite Yum Jars from the weekly menu to your cart by clicking on them and adding them to your order, then head to the checkout via your Cart.
- Add your *precise* delivery location (building name, workplace name, floor level, etc. ), email, name and contact phone number (cellphone numbers only please) and pay through Shopify's secure processing.
- All ingredients and a dietary guide are listed on each Yum Jar's page, so please read these before making your order. If there is a gluten free option, this can be specified by you in the menu before adding cart. Please email us for other dietary requests before ordering as not all modifications are possible.
- Orders can still be placed last minute on their delivery day: they will close when they sell out*
- *Daily quantities made vary depending on the number of existing orders by 9am, to prevent food wastage. We are a one-woman operation in a small kitchen so have a maximum of 40 orders/day.
- Our subscriptions are a little different to other meal-order websites: we make and deliver one kind of meal per day, and these are pre-set on the Friday before the week starts. So you choose your meals by choosing what days you want to receive Yum Jars on. All our meals are Gluten Free and Plant Based, so if you have any other allergies please get in touch before ordering a subscription to check if we can accommodate this.
- For 3 or 4 day subscriptions please tell us which days you wish to receive your orders in the note to seller box, before payment. If you have ordered a multi-week subscription you are welcome to change your day preferences for the following weeks as they come, just email us!
- If you order a subscription and it starts on a day that has already passed, or it is after 8am on that day, your subscription will start the following week, unless you get in touch with us.
- If you wish to cancel, swap, or you want to change your subscription preferences, please notify us by 8am on the day via email or text message. We are happy to move days around or exchange store credit for changes until 9am on the day at the latest.
- Why subscriptions? They are cheaper per meal, and the longer your subscription, the better the deal! So they're really great value as well as convenient for those of you who just want lunch to always show up!
- We recommend setting up a reminder on your calendar/phone to purchase a subscription when it finishes as it is not automatically ongoing.
- By 9am we will send an email message to everyone who has already ordered with the day's estimated delivery times for each location. If you order after 9am you will receive a text by 12pm with a time for your delivery. If you make an order after 10:30am please be aware that your delivery may be later than 12:30pm, depending on your location and our pre-defined delivery route that day.
- If you don't hear from us in the morning but are expecting an order, please get in touch ASAP so we can still make your order or confirm you are on the delivery list.
- If you do hear from us but were not expecting a Yum Jar that day, please let us know ASAP as we may have made a mistake and should have messaged someone else!
Our delivery zone is anywhere within the red or blue outlines on the maps below.
The first map shows the area that NoCar Cargo bicycle couriers deliver our Yum Jars, roughly within the blue dotted outline. In the schedule you receive each morning you will be notified if your delivery is by NoCar Cargo or Yum Jar car.
North-West Delivery Zone (Yum Jar car):
South-East Delivery Zone (Yum Car):
The delivery route starts in Kingston and the delivery order is roughly:
- NoCar Cargo: 11:30 Te Aro, 11:45 CBD/Waterfront, 12:20-45 The Terrace/Boulcott St
- Yum Jar Car: 11:15am Kingston/Mornington/Vogeltown, 11:30 Te Aro, Aro Valley, Kelburn, Karori, Northland, 12pm Kaiwharawhara, Mt Cook, 12:30 Newtown, Berhampore, Hataitai, 12:45 Kilbirnie, Lyall Bay, Island Bay, Oriental Bay, Roseneath. (Please note this can vary greatly depending on the order locations so please let us know if you might be unavailable during the delivery).
If you are not in the delivery zone but would like to receive Yum Jars, feel free to send us an email at email@example.com and we see if something can be arranged to suit you.
Yum Jar Deliveries
Your Yum Jar will be delivered into your office or reception, so there will be no message alerting you of it's arrival unless: you request this, your office/location is inaccessible, or we can't find you/r location. Please remember to leave your previous jar at reception/drop off location for the cyclist or delivery driver to retrieve! If you can't do this, please let us know in advance and we can arrange something that works.
If you forget to rinse and return your Yum Jar once or twice, that's fine! We understand, life can be chaotic! Just return it next time. Please see our FAQs page for for what to do if you lose or break your jar, or if you no longer wish to order from us.
For all other info, and before ordering, please read our FAQs and About Us pages.