How to Order
Make an Account
- Please check your delivery address is within our current Delivery Zones and what day your area can receive deliveries.
- Sign up to create an account with your name, email and a password.
- Optional: Sign up to our newsletter at the bottom of our homepage!
Choose your Meal Box
- Check out our menu options on our current Menu Calendar
- Have a look at our available meal boxes, choose a box, select your preferred delivery day (please choose a day compatible with the Delivery Zone you are in), and add it to your cart.
- Select the Subscription option if you would like a weekly or fortnightly subscription, and to save 5%! Minimum 2 deliveries before change/cancel.
- Don't forget to check out our Zero Waste Goodies Shop to add to your order! If you are choosing a box subscription, your Goodies will not be subscriptions unless you choose them to be separately. Only some products are available as subscriptions i.e. Coffee. To add a one-off product to an existing subscription, simply make a separate order before Thursday midnight the week you wish to receive it - we will collate it with any other orders you have for that week and include everything in the one box.
- Check to make sure you know what week your order is in! Order cut off time is Thursday Midnight, as we process our orders on Fridays. Any orders made on Friday or the weekend will not be included in the week immediately following, but the week after! You can email us if you want to make a late order and we will let you know what we can do.
Check Out and Pay
- Head to the checkout via Your Cart in the top right hand corner.
- Add your delivery address, your email, name and contact cellphone number and pay through Shopify's secure processing.
- If your house is hard to get to/find/upstairs and not numbered/has an access code etc. please add directions in the Notes or 'Apartment/Suite' address line. Other delivery notes can be added here too (i.e. don't knock, please call on arrival, etc.)
Receiving your Delivery
- House deliveries: If you have a secure, sheltered doorstep, we will just leave your box there with a knock at the door. If you have any previous Yum Jar boxes, jars, or ice packs, please leave them outside your door (sheltered from rain if possible as they will break if wet and we like to reuse them!) for us to collect. If you want the delivery to be left in a specific place please let us know in the delivery instructions, i.e. "leave box on back doorstep left of the house"
- Apartment deliveries: If you live in an apartment and will not be home during your delivery, please include your building's access code on your address in line 1, so we can safely leave it inside. Please leave any previous box of jars near the entrance, not outside the building. If you will be home, we can call you on arrival and wait for you to come down with any previous box of jars and collect your new box.
- Pickups from our Kitchen: If you can't receive a home delivery for any reason, pickup from our kitchen is possible between 9am-6pm Monday-Thursday. Please bring any previous boxes/jars back to us for reuse! The kitchen is now located at the Wellington Football Club Kitchen, 37 Ruahine Street, Hataitai. If you can no longer make it on the day you have chosen, please contact us ASAP to rearrange.
Returning/donating your Jars
- Please put out your previous box of empty jars with icepack and empty herb tray for collection on the day you are expecting a delivery so our drivers can easily swap it for your new box when they arrive.
- Jars and lids MUST be thoroughly washed and clean of any food residue.
- Please include the icepack it was delivered with, defrosted so it doesn't damage the box with moisture, as we reuse these too!
- Please do not write on or damage the box if you can help it! If your box is damaged and is no longer safe to return your jars in, please recycle it, and use a different box or bag that our drivers can take with them.
- The herb trays can be returned empty (please compost or put the soil and any remaining shoots in your garden), rinsed with cold water (hot water will warp the bio-plastic). The bio-plastic trays will be returned to our grower and reused for new herbs!
- If you are going away, moving, or discontinuing ordering from us, please let us know by email so we can come by and recollect our jars, box and icepack from you. You do not need to select this option if you are expecting to reorder within a month of your previous order.
- You can also donate extra jars and icepacks to us! If you have a delivery coming, just pop them into your box you're returning.
- Ordering is now open between Friday morning and Thursday Midnight the week before delivery. Any orders made after Midnight Thursday will not be processed until the week following. If you have just missed the cut off please email us no later than Sunday 5pm, we may be able to squeeze a late order in.
- You can see the upcoming meals for the week on our Menu Calendar.
- We are a small busy team and while we will always endeavour to reply to communications ASAP, however sometimes it might take up to 24 hours for a reply, so make sure to email any inquiries as soon as you have them!