YUM JAR IS HIRING!
Due to growing demand we are expanding our small team in Porirua, Wellington. The position start date is approximately 21st June.
The part time position available is approximately 25-30 hours/week and will be Monday-Thursdays during the daytime, (we operate between the hours of 8am-6pm).
The successful applicant will ideally:
- have some hospitality/kitchen experience
- be fast-learning
- pay good attention to detail
- take initiative
- be a team player
- Some heavy lifting is also involved on a daily basis so you need to able to lift ~20kg.
We are a vegan establishment so perfect for those who have experience with vegan/vegetarian lifestyle, but this is not key to the position.
Also helpful is a full clean drivers license and vehicle, but these are also not key to the position.
General Responsibilities include:
- Packing boxes for delivery
- Prepping veg and ingredients for deliveries
- Helping the chef with cooking occaionally
- Making Bliss Balls and Sweet Treats
- Loading vehicle for delivery
A bit about us:
We are a very small, environmentally motived start-up business in Wellington. Our core values include:
- Equality - we all work hard, and help each-other out, so everyone is paid a living wage, including the boss!
- Environmental consciousness - we sell a Zero Waste product and are actively always looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact.
- Vegan values - our entire operation is free from animal products!
If you'd like to be considered for this role please email your up to date CV and a cover letter with a bit about yourself, and why you'd like to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you know someone who is looking for work who might fit our team, please send them our way!
Ottilie and the Yum Jar Team